Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chocolate! Fine Chocolate!


I thought it would be funny to post a picture of all of Blaise's choc0late bars he got for his birthday. We each had a square of Valrhona Araguani 72% (French chocolate made with beans from Venezuela) today after our lunch and my oh my was it tasty. You can pick up your garden variety Valrhona from Trader Joe's, but the really good Valrhona you have to order from chocosphere.com or head over to France. Blaise, reading over my shoulder, thinks that I should stress that the taste difference between Valrhona or any chocolate you buy at the grocery store is not even in the same ballpark as the single origin French/Italian chocolates. I guess you could equate it to American cheese that is packaged in plastic to Parmesan Reggiano(the real deal).

When we were in France earlier this year we stopped by the Michel Cluizel chocolate shop in Paris (top photo), but they were closed. Blaise was heartbroken, but was thrilled that the grocery stores in Paris carried Valrhona Araguani and others.




No comments: